For Laughs
 Too Much Info


Printer Friendly     

  Arches National Park
      The Great Alcohol Search
      Devils Garden - Arches
      Devils Garden - Hiking
  Grand Canyon
      The Plunge
      Bright Angel Campground
      Clear Creek Trail
      The Ascent
      Indian Garden Campground
      Tonto West Hike
      The Great Snake Battle
      The Final Ascent
  The Narrows
      Gearing Up
      The Awakening
      The Hike In
      Pee / Poo
      The Hike Out
      Places We Missed
      Meteor Crater
      Airport Mesa
      Thunder Mountain

Saturday, September 27 - Sunday, September 28, 2008

We left Sedona and headed back to Albuquerque, New Mexico where it all began. We had dinner with Mekenna before heading to bed early.

Robyen, Elaine, Rose and Mekenna
Robyne, Elaine, Rose and Mekenna having dinner and drinks at The Flying Star

Since we had to get up at 3:30 am to catch our flight, each one of us set our own alarms and we requested a wake-up call for each room. All these precautions may sound paranoid, but on Elaine and Robyne had some problems on their flight out...

Elaine and Robyne's flight was scheduled to leave BWI, an hour away, at 6:40 AM. Robyne awoke to Elaine screaming, "It's 5:30!!!" It wasn't hard to realize they weren't going to make it to the airport in time. Elaine called Southwest Airlines and learned that if they could get to BWI by 8:00 am, they could catch the next flight... on standby. They raced to the airport to sit and wait. They missed the next flight, but caught the following flight to Phoenix. Phoenix had several flights to Albuquerque later in the day so their chances of arriving that day were pretty good. And, things were looking up ... the flight landed in Phoenix a few minutes early -- just enough time (10 minutes) for them to sprint through the airport to try to get on standby for the connecting flight to Albuquerque. They made it with seconds to spare ... woo hoo!! Alas, there was no room... boo hoo!!! No problem - they sat and waited for the next flight, which they were able to get on. Finally, they arrived in Albuquerque with enough time to get the rental car, check into the hotel, visit the local wine bistro (for wine tastings, of course) and freshen up for dinner.

Luckily for our flight back to DC, the five different alarms miraculously work and we arrived at the airport two hours early, as recommended. Sadly, the ticketing agents are only required to be there one hour before the flight. At least we didn't miss the flight.

Rose and Elaine Sunrise
Rose and Elaine wait at the airport Sunrise from the plane

This ends another travel log. I hope you enjoyed it. If you didn't...

Enter Criticisms Here (please use full sentences):

Take Care,

Back to the Beginning
Copyrighted by McDoten Wachowski Enterprises @2008